Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Origin of My Motivation


 

  If you should ever take the opportunity to go back to school, I highly recommend taking a CLSS 1000 class. It is a Learning Strategies class, and I absolutely love it! It was one of those classes that I had to take to get the English class I needed, to fit into my schedule. To be honest I totally thought I would end up dropping it. I kept looking for other options. Then I actually started the class. The whole thing is based on teaching you to understand the sort of learning strategies that would work best for you. It is centered around learning based on reflection....taking the lessons and reflecting on how they apply to you. This is the most effective way of learning, and helps you become much more self aware. Our assignments are awesome. They are super free. We can write, or create projects...anything we want to get the most out of the experience.

     I have absolutely loved this class so much! In fact, my professor is the head of the UV Mentor program and has talked to me about becoming a part of it.  I would get to mentor classes at school and become a part of a program that leads to getting a Leadership & Service title on my diploma....along with a full ride scholarship! Yeah, I think that sounds pretty darn good to me! :) Next fall I will take the follow up to this class and then in the Spring I will apply to be in the program!  My professor has also asked me to consider being a presenter at a large conference for the school this Summer. Oh my! Totally intimidating, but seriously awesome!

    Anyway, I just wanted to share one of the projects I created for the class. It is a short slideshow representing the sources of my motivation. It was fun to create and reminds me to stick with my goals and plans...and why I keep going when sometimes it gets a little overwhelming and I wonder what in the world I am doing with so much on my plate! :) The music is an original song by my insanely talented brother in law, Brian Cook. Man alive, I love everything he does on the piano!

Enjoy!




   

2 comments:

Cindy Foreman said...

Your presentation was amazing and your motivation is strong. I just found your blog. I am a new blogger as well. Please feel free to check it out.
http://psalm119105.blogspot.com

ani321india said...


best brands in India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails